Job description / Role
Chief Technical Officer is required by my client a leading IT/Telco company to be based onsite in Hargeysa Somalia.
• The role requires an expert in the IT/Telco space, where you will be leading the ICT department of this prestigious company - you will have responsibility for the overall IT strategy within the company from technical infrastructure, fiber optic, transmissions, and NOC.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 10-15 years of proven working experience in a Senior Technical Telecommunication position and Masters/Post Graduate studies in Telecommunication Engineering (or similar.
• You will have excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques, as well as possessing excellent communicator and strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Guide and direct all IT framework, policy and safeguards of a business unit.
• Set the IT guidelines in structural management for the entire IT infrastructure which involve computers, peripheral devices, telecommunications, servers, internet, and all data centers.
• Ensure that all telecommunications and technology of the company are functioning for optimal workforce productivity.
• Manage, supervise and provide technical advice on IT systems
• Document plans, requests, activities and specifications and program features, design networks and systems and allocate resources as necessary
• Evaluate systems performance and infrastructure capacity level and improve capabilities as needed
• Contribute to the purchasing process of electronic equipment by setting the right specification and prepare budgetary justifications in line with the industry’s standards and best practices
• This role would suit someone that has worked for a telco, IT consultancy, or system integrator and has a proven track record of management and leadership within a similar position.
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.
Network Strategy Consultant
A Leading Technology Management Consultancy in the UAE
Assistant Manager Quality of Service
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
Manager - Customer Projects - Telecommunications
Senior Director ICT Product Development