The Piper Alpha disaster and the Mexico City Refinery accident have highlighted the devastating consequences of accidents upstream and downstream in the petroleum industry. As a result most organizations have adopted a proactive approach based on risk management to prevent the occurrence of such accidents.
Who should take this course
All Supervisors and line management who need to fulfill their role within HSE-MS. Production process, mechanical control, maintenance and HSE personnel and trainers. All personnel involved in implementing the Company's HSE Management System.
Day 1 - Introduction to Hazard Analysis:
- The concepts of hazards risk and risk assessment.
- Hazard identification and analysis - offshore installations and drilling rigs.
- Hazards identification and analysis - Refineries and storage units/tank farms.
- Methods for risk evaluation.
- Integrating risk assessment within Risk Management.
- Semi-quantitative risk assessment techniques.
- The task-based approach to risk assessment.
Day 2 - Advanced Hazard Analysis Techniques:
- Introduction to Process HAZOP.
- Syndicate exercise - application of HAZOP to hydrocarbon transfer system.
- Integrating HAZOP within the risk management system.
- Planning and implementing HAZOP Actions.
Day 3 - Reliability Analysis:
- Introduction into reliability technology.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis & FM EA;.
- Design and reliability of protective systems.
- New Standards for Hazardous Area Classification.
- Analysis of the consequences - mechanics of fire explosion and toxic releases.
Day 4 - Analysis of the Consequences:
- Types of fire explosion and toxic releases in petroleum production.
- Modern software tools for modeling releases fire and explosion.
- Human contribution to accident causation.
- Modern concepts in incident investigation and analysis.
Day 5 - HSE Management Systems:
- Elements of HSE Management Systems in the oil industry.
- The role of risk management within HSE MS.
- The concepts of safety cases offshore and control of major accident hazards & COMAH onshore.
- Preparation of action plans.
- Planning and implementing action plans.
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.