Job description / Role
Correspondent - Broadcast Center
Input - ISTANBUL - Full Time
We are now hiring for a Correspondent - Broadcast Center with roles located in ISTANBUL.
As part of the Bureau teams you will be responsible for producing highly crafted broadcast packages and provide engaging lives for TRT Arabic. You will also generate news-making and analytical content for TRT Arabic's website and other digital platforms. You will initiate news stories and cover both breaking and pre-planned news. You will provide the country or regional expertise of events. TRT Arabic will be distinguished by its excellent field-focused journalism. You may be required to work for the Middle East Region.
- Recognises a news story, researches and gathers the required material and to assemble for broadcast, and narrates it clearly and confidently on air and through written digital content.
- Gathers news using contacts and sources through personal interviews, wire services, news briefings by the government or press releases sent by companies.
- Follows all the latest developments and works with the bureau executive producer and the Istanbul based newsgathering team to set the agenda of news for the channel.
- Works effectively as part of a team, co-operating with other members and demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach in order to achieve the end result of delivering TRT Arabic's requirements for original, human focused, distinctive journalism.
- Works well under pressure and is able to cover a diverse range of stories across different parts of the region when required. Equally comfortable dealing with minute-by minute breaking news and for longer on exclusive investigations.
- Senior journalist with considerable reporting experience over a number of years. Articulate and confident on air both in delivering live reports and in studio discussion.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team by co-operating with other members by demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Camera / Edit experience would be an advantage.
- Works well under pressure and for long hours.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
Please make sure you upload your resume with complete experience and education related to this job ad.
About the Company
At TRT Arabic we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.