Job description / Role
We are now hiring for an Executive Producer in Istanbul.
The Executive Producer is in charge of a segment of TRT Arabic's programming. During your timeslot, you will set the course of our news coverage - the stories we report and the way we report them. You will manage a team of producers and work closely with on-air talent, the news desk, creative and studio staff to deliver original and market-leading output. Your mission will be to produce news with panache while ensuring TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. A member of the News leadership team, you will embrace the full range of content delivery platforms including online and cultivate cross-platform working practices and ideas wherever possible. We are hiring for multiple roles.
• Works closely with the Director of News playing an active role in the News leadership team, the wider channel strategy and editorial decisions.
• Responsibility for a section of TRT Arabic's news
• Manages a dedicated team of producers and works closely with on-air talent, creative and studio staff to deliver distinctive and original news coverage that fulfils TRT Arabic's ambitions and mission.
• Works with news desk and other output teams to cultivate a collaborative approach to news gathering and delivery across TRT Arabic.
• Ensuring that TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
• May be required to work with presenters and other journalists on location both in Istanbul, within the Middle East region.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Extensive experience in television news at a senior level, including outputting programmes and television news production.
• An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Previous experience in a large national or Middle East Region broadcast news channel.
• Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
• Team management experience.
• Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
• Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, Middle East Region politics, public policy, Arabic business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Minimum of 8 years experience required.
Please make sure that your uploaded resume is with complete experience and education related to this job ad.
About the Company
At TRT World we're building a global community focused around change. We’re looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.