Job description / Role
We are looking for experienced newsroom manager to supervise all input activities of TRT ARABIC in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Organizing all aspects of outputting at TRT Arabic
- Setting up a general editorial perspective of TRT Arabic
- Working closely with Director of News in establishing Output policies during breaking news and general news coverage
- Supervising Executive Producers during general news coverage and Breaking news
- Manage Output staff and supervise their work including performance appraisals and promotion recommendations
- A solid regional and/or international newsroom experience for minimum of 10 to 15 years
- Native in Arabic with solid knowledge of English language in working environment
- Minimum B.Sc. degree required, degree in journalism is an advantage
- Willing to relocate and work in Istanbul, Turkey
- Quick witted candidate with ability to work under pressure
- Superb editorial knowledge on Middle East issues with high interest in international news in general
Please make sure you upload your resume with complete experience and education related to this job ad.
About the Company
At TRT Arabi we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.