Job description / Role
You will work under the direction of an Program Editor to create and shape our news coverage writing scripts, cutting pictures, finding guests, developing graphics and other work as required. Your mission will be to produce original and market-leading news output while ensuring TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. Though your main role will be to produce news for TRT Arabic's television news channel, you will embrace the full range of content delivery platforms including online and aim to develop cross-platform working practices and ideas wherever possible.
• Working under the direction of an Program Editor to produce distinctive and stylish coverage for a segment of TRT Arabic's programming.
• Writing scripts for on-air talent, cutting pictures using a newsroom production system, finding guests, commissioning and writing graphics and other task as required.
• Ensuring TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
• Working with producers within your team and across the newsroom, as well as with the news desk and online, to cultivate a collaborative approach to news gathering and delivery across the channel
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Experience in television news, including television news production.
• An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Previous experience in a Middle East Region broadcast news channel.
• Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
• Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
• Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, Middle East Region politics, public policy, Arabic business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Minimum of 3 years experience required.
Please make sure you upload your resume with complete experience and education related to this job ad.
About the Company
At TRT Arabic we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.