The oil and gas industry does business through contracts - yet so often the details are only understood by the core legal team who create them. Whether the subject under discussion is the purchase of a new oil exploration license or the provision of specialist oil services, the obligations each party is committing to, and the rewards they will gain are determined by the contract.
What are the most important areas a commercial manager in an oil and gas company should be looking at when he is putting a new contract in place? What should he be asking his legal team to include? How can he negotiate 'better' contracts with suppliers and business partners? How can he protect his business, if disputes develop? These are just a few of the questions this programme will address, focusing on contracts in use in the oil and gas industry.
Using actual examples from the petroleum resources sector, the programme will develop and enhance the skills and capabilities of delegates on the how to do procurement well and how to create, negotiate and manage the contract that follows a procurement project. It will give delegates an overview of contract law and practice, and will sharpen their abilities to negotiate effectively.
Who should take this course
- Directors, managers, senior executives and decision makers involved in strategic and operational functions
- Managers and executives in the procurement, finance, legal, risk and supplier relations department
- Engineers, administrators and others involved in an operational capacity with contractors and suppliers.
Within the context of the petroleum resources sector, this programme will achieve the following:
- Develop an understanding of significant types of oil and gas contracts
- Highlight tips to follow and traps to avoid in purchasing materials or services
- Reinforce good practices in creating statements of work
- Update delegates on ways to evaluate supplier performance
- Build skills in how to manage contractor performance
- Prepare delegates to negotiate and resolve supplier disputes
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.