This program is designed to help you understand some of the theoretical background of youth development work, so that you can relate what you are doing to the social context in which you are working. You will already be aware that young people have roles and responsibilities. These responsibilities are different in each society, yet particular aspects are common across most societies.
Understanding the social situations of young people is crucial. This program aims to illuminate the situation of young people in your society by exploring what researchers and theorists have said about youth in different social contexts, and relating that to general theories about society. Your role as a youth development worker is to help to improve conditions for young people. In doing this, you will be helping to develop the society in which they live.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Understand how young people are seen in various societies, and from different sociological perspectives.
- Examine the range of definitions of
Who should take this course
Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs. Young leaders. Student activities coordinators. School and University teachers. Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
Certificate of Completion
- Ways of seeing young people
- The concepts of society and culture
- Defining youth
- The nature of youth work
- Describing and defining adolescence
- Psychoanalytic theories of adolescence
- Sociological theories of adolescence
- Young people and the family
- Family types
- Approaches to the study of the family
- Issues facing families today
- The concept of community
- Young people and social issues
- Images of young people
- Young people and unemployment
- Young people and crime
- The implications for youth development workers
About Course Provider
Matsh is short abbreviation for The Arab Youth Development Center in Arabic. Matsh is youth development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people.
The Main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, Formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work in MENA region and providing developmental and management consultancy for youth development institutions.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.