Job description / Role
- Repair, maintenance and provide technical attention to all Electrical, Mechanical Refrigeration Systems of the hotel, walk in freezer, fridges, ice makers, fan coil units, Chillers etc.
- Engineering Workshops, back of house, public areas and guest rooms.
- Maintains repairs and does necessary adjustment of the air conditioning and refrigeration equipment such as Chillers, FCU's, Split A/C Units, Window A/C Units, Cold rooms. Coolers, Ice machines, Extract fans and all the HVAC related equipment's.
- Carries out Planned Preventive Maintenance as per the manual/schedules and maintains service reports.
- Assists Chiller contractors on scheduled maintenance and briefs them on the condition of the equipment's.
- Ensures of sufficient stock of spare parts for the A/C and Refrigeration related equipment's and thoroughly checks the purchase materials for their quality.
- Executes energy saving measures and helps the department to reduce the energy cost.
- Ensures daily Chiller readings, Cold room readings and temperature readings are taken and all set parameters are maintained.
- Familiarizes himself with total layout of the building and estate regarding safety aspects such as isolation points, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance work, such as servicing of motors and air-conditioning and refrigerators as per the maintenance schedule.
- To check daily the cold rooms, freezer rooms, fridges and ice makers. Record daily log readings of cold rooms and refrigerators, ensuring proper operation of equipment.
- Attends to repair and maintenance of refrigeration equipment such as screw type chiller, walk in chillers, freezers and other commercial industrial refrigeration equipment.
- Advises improvements to the present system in order to optimize the operating efficiency and economy of the said system.
- Assists engineer to prepare spare parts lists for the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Attends to repair and maintenance of air conditioning equipment such as window units, split, Blower coil units, Air-handling units and fan coil units.
- Participates in the Hotel Energy Conservation Program.
- Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept in clean and tidy condition.
- Also to do breakdown service in guest rooms, such as air-conditioners, mini bars.
- Servicing and maintenance of public area air-conditioning.
- Checks refrigerator and freezer temperature, calibrates temperature and pressure control.
Level of Education
- Vocational education
Areas of study
- Technical & Maintenance
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 years' experience as A/C Technician role for Hotel Industry.
- Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English, Arabic Speaker will be an advantage.
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.