Job description / Role
• Plan a call cycle and related call sheet (monthly/quarterly).
• Propose a structured marketing plan for applicable dealers (at the beginning of each year).
• Prepare for and attend any/all weekly/monthly sales strategy meetings with suppliers
• Sales forecasts (based off sell-through data) are to be given to the Head of Sales monthly/quarterly
• In conjunction with the Warehouse Team arrange delivery schedules (local and international)
• Possess knowledge of the features and benefits of the products distributed.
• Based off historical data extracted from the system, set sales targets, per account, per door, per category, per month, so as to align the goals with that of the company’s requirements.
• Achieve set targets (monthly/quarterly)
• Seek out new doors/opportunities so as to further grow the brand sales
• Present new products/ranges to the relevant individuals at an account/dealer on a regular basis
• Conduct training sessions with all applicable staff regularly – old and new – at times of new range releases or merely as a refresher
• Ensure that all necessary documentation pertaining to the opening of a new door/account is completed in full, submitted for approval and filed, before any stock is dispatched
• Arrange for LPO’s to be sent from client. Action monthly stock-takes for consignment accounts (where applicable)
• Ensure that correct merchandising principles are being adhered to in store.
• Continuously monitor sales trends through constant communication and feedback with the client
• Know the market trends per product category relevant to your market (e.g. eye wear, apparel, footwear, etc)
• BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
• 5+ years gained in retail environments, including a minimum of half in sales positions.
• Drive for results
• Highly creative with ability to think out of box
• Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
• Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
• Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
• Excellent command of the English language
About the Company
Al Boom Marine is a leading lifestyle retail and distribution company that operates in the GCC and MENA regions, with more than 25 brands and over 60 retail through concept and own multibrand stores, as well as more than 300 active wholesale accounts. Concepts and brands diverse from lifestyle, leisure and watersports to tech and accessories.
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine is successfully growing geographically and commercially, working continuously on entertaining its clients within the categories it caters for, mostly related to people's leisure time.
Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories of its popular watersports, surf and lifestyle brands across the GCC to major sports and optical accounts. Acquiring the distribution rights of GoPro in the region, our client base now includes top electronic retail chains across the region.
The retail division is entertaining our customers through our own multi-brand stores (Beyond The Beach) and concept stores of Oakley, Rip Curl, Tommy Bahama, New Era, Seafolly and Animal. Our retail chain varies from mall stores to street and hotel concepts.
Key Account Manager
Green Gulf Careers
Business Development Manager / Account Manager
National Account Manager
Business Development Manager - Food Manufacturing
BAC Middle East
Business Development Manager - BPM Solutions