Job description / Role
The job is for Al Futtaim Colas operations in Dubai.
To manage the Accounts Payable department with efficiency, accuracy and integrity
Key Accountabilities / Actions:
• Review all payable invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices
• enter and upload invoices into system in line with AP process
• Settlement of invoices as per agreed terms and mode of payment
• Periodic reconciliation of vendor accounts
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Initiate supplier payments along with tax, utilities, rent and other government payments
• Forecast requirement of funds
• Communicate with vendors and respond to queries in timely and professional manners
• Produce monthly reports and aging analysis, plus ongoing follow up and feedback to superiors on cases
• Assist with month end closing and arrange reconciliations to related payable accounts
• Prepare audit schedules related to Accounts Payables
• Perform other financials duties required by his superiors
• Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
• Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Contribute to special projects as assigned.
• Graduate in Accounting (B.Com) or higher
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable in a MNC or in a large organisation
• Experience on ERP platforms. Oracle database experience will be an added advantage
• Proficient MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong Communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Company and Industry knowledge desirable
About the Company
MIDMAC Contracting Co. W.L.L. (MIDMAC) is one of the largest Qatari contracting organizations employing a total workforce of over 6,000 employees. It has a proven track record for delivering large and challenging projects on schedule, within budget, and according to required quality & specifications. Ranked by many clients in Qatar as one of the leading Qatari contractors in the country, MIDMAC is known throughout the industry as an organization founded on professionalism, reliability and integrity. Safety is a determining factor in every facet of the company's operations.
The organization has been operating in Qatar since mid-1960's, under different identities, until 1975 when MIDMAC was formed and continues to carry on business until today. In 2002, Qatar Investment and Project Development Company W.L.L. (QIPCO) acquired a majority stake in MIDMAC and by 2005, MIDMAC became a wholly owned subsidiary of QIPCO.
MIDMAC, under the umbrella of QIPCO, benefits and contributes to the activities of its sister companies that are active in real estate, oil & gas, trading & services, financial services, education, health and specialized joint ventures.