Job description / Role
Jafza based company is looking to recruit an Accountant to be based in Dubai.
Candidates who can join immediately would be preferred.
• Main responsibilities include ensuring that the company’s accounting system is up to date and accurate on an ongoing basis, entering financial transactions into the system, preparation of monthly reconciliation statements of all bank accounts, taking third party confirmations regarding banking details prior to any wire transfer, Maintaining all accounts related files, etc.
• Ensures timely closure of books on monthly basis to deliver on time monthly, quarterly and annual accounts in compliance with IFRS, GAAP.
• Prepares financial summaries, reports, analysis, cost-benefit analysis and/or ad hoc financial reports as required by the Senior Accountant/Management.
• Ensures timely issuance of accurate weekly and/or monthly flash / reports.
• Ensures scrutiny on bills and timely payment to all suppliers and supplier accounts reconciliation.
• Manages entity level cash requirements, ensure availability of funds as needed and placement of excess funds in short term investments as per entity investment guidelines.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with banks, escrow accounts and trustee banks and understands all requirements of escrow account regime to ensure timely settlement of payments.
• Ensures entity level legal & tax compliance with corporate / tax laws, rules, including VAT legislation / practice / procedures and monthly / annual filings.
• Coordinates with external auditors for interim / annual audit plans and ensures timely delivery of consolidated and entity level financial reports.
AED 6,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Qualified Accountant - University graduate with 7-10 years of post-qualification progressive experience
• Minimum 5+ years at Handling multiple Bank accounts online and manual transactions
• Solid technical accounting skills, including IFRS
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment.
• Should have worked with companies with turnovers more than 20 Million AED yearly
• Should have worked with companies with more than 50 to 100 transactions a day.
• Should have a corporate exposure and had been in an environment of more than 50 employees.
• Experience in all type on Online banking transactions is mandatory.
About the Company
A leading distributor in the UAE.