Job description / Role
We are looking for an Accountant for our Dubai office located in Jumeirah Lake Towers. This individual will be responsible for supporting our senior finance individuals on accomplishing some of the accounting department's responsibilities including various general accounting tasks and financial reporting.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting on maintaining account payables.
- Preparing journal entries, keeping the balance sheet up to date and assisting with monthly account closings.
- Preparing forecasts and creating matching budgets.
- Assisting on performing bank reconciliations and preparing materials necessary for audit process.
- Ensuring that accounting transactions are booked accurately in accordance with Professional Codes of Practice, Accounting Standards and Service Level agreements.
- Receiving and verifying the accuracy of invoices and booking them in accounting systems.
- Ensuring that all invoices are booked in the accounting system correctly and preparing and reconciling reports as directed by Accounts Manager.
- Preparing and recording of the inter-company debit and credit notes.
- Reconciling the inter-company accounts and supplier ledger
- Preparing the company fixed assets register.
- Managing effectively supplier’s payments and Accounts Payable accounts.
- Ensuring the Implementation of Accounting policies and procedures.
- Assisting the AP Manager in preparing Accounts payable reports.
- Processing on time supplier’s invoices and payments.
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Booking accounts payable entries in JD Edwards
- Entering & reconciling VAT Entries
- LC’s knowledge and documentation, manage Export documentation of LC
- Update credit insurance filing
- Support to AR team for follow up
- Costing of products & Cash Handling
- JD Bank entries, AP and Bank reconciliation
- Young Candidate with good communication skills
- Experience in Accounts Payable function is an advantage
- 3 to 4 years of experience working with reputed organization (preferably in the UAE)
- Knowledge of VAT Accounting/Return filing will be preferred
- Working knowledge of any ERP is an advantage (JD/Tally/SAP/Oracle)
- Basic Accounting Degree – B Com or similar
Desired start date: As soon as possible. Candidates who can start immediately will be given preference
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.