Job description / Role
* Performs some or all of the accounting duties listed below, as assigned, that may involve review, analysis, posting, preparing journal entry, reconciling, and reporting of financial transactions, ensuring compliance with procedures and regulations, efficiency, and effective customer services.
* Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and quality completion of duties in compliance with university, federal, and banking procedures and regulations:
* Posting financial transactions supported with correct documentation and approvals to the computer system within compliance with appropriate authority
* Reviewing system-created journal entries and making necessary corrections
* Verifying documents used to issue payments, receivables, and employee salaries, benefits, and allowances are accurate and according to university agreements (i.e., purchase orders, service agreements, employment contracts, etc.)
* Reviewing bank statements and/or performing bank account reconciliations and follow-up on reconciling items
* Performing general ledger reconciliation, vendor payment, and/or account analysis
* Assists university employees, other university departments, vendors/suppliers, external agencies, and other organizations inquiries regarding university financial transactions
* Record, follow up and review bank guarantees
* Prepare documents and correspondence for internal departments as well as external clients
* Review the work of other accountants
* Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
* Proficiency in English, computer and accounting
* Knowledge of university financial policies and procedures
* Negotiation skills.
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Baccalaureate Degree / Higher Diploma in Accounting
* 1 - 3 years relevant experience<b>Preferred Qualification</b>
* Proficiency in Arabic language
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.