Job description / Role
• Responsible for ledger/account maintenance, reconciliation, internal journal input, posting etc.
• Monitoring and reviewing general expense applications to ensure it is in compliance with the Bank’s policy, handling basic accounting responsibilities like preparing checks for payment, journal entries, vouchers, bank reconciliation, etc.
• Assisting the preparation of financial statements, business activity report and various reports required by the Head Quarter and local regulators
• Working on the VAT reconciliation and declaration
• Any other responsibility assigned by the bank or person in charge of the department
• Major in accounting or financial management
• Minimum one year of relevant experience
• Comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and procedures in accordance with IFRS
• Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
• Must be fluent in English and Chinese
About the Company
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (ICBC) is China's largest bank and the largest bank in the world. It is one of China's "Big Four" state-owned commercial banks (the other three being the Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, and China Construction Bank). It is the largest bank in the world in terms of market value, the world's largest bank by deposits, and the world's most profitable bank.
In October 2008, the opening of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Middle East) Limited ( regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority) allows ICBC to become the pioneer among the Chinese financial institutions for the Middle East market. With strong support from its Head Office located in Beijing, ICBC Middle East support the financial needs of the UAE and the Middle East area, provide a comprehensive international trade,overseas financing against domestic support, project finance, clearing and settlement, and a series of financial services, become a link of economic and trade exchanges between China and Middle region.