Job description / Role
We are urgently looking for an Accountant for Destinations Management based in Dubai responsible for:
• Checking and validate all Hotels Invoices and statements Monthly Basis
• Reconciling all hotels statements after the validation process and make it ready to be released later
• Submitting the cheques to the hotel rep and courier companies
• Following up with our sales regarding the cancelation and no-show charges.
• Releasing the payments for all hotels as per the payment plan
• Responsible to enter all the invoices into the accounting system and pay it accordingly with their respective payment terms.
• Responsible for prepare account analysis as requested.
• Responsible for all accounting work necessary to ensure account payables are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Review and verify invoices and check requests
• Set invoices up for payment
• Resolve invoice and un-vouchered receipt discrepancies
• Ensure vouchers are coded to the correct general ledger codes
• Track expenses and process expense reports
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
AED 3,000 to 4,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required or any related if any
• At least 2-3 years’ experience within UAE (essential)
• Minimum experience 2-3years experience in Finance Dept. at Travel/Tourism Industry.
• Knowledge in the Financing system.
• Confidentiality, communication skills, and information management skills
• Problem-solving skills, Teamwork and ability to meet deadlines
• Certificate in E-commerce
About the Company
Desert Gate serves the seven Emirates of the UAE, Oman with its more than 2000 kilometers of coastline as well as the state of Qatar. To manage such destinations is not an easy task, but the combined management of Desert Gate has been doing it successfully for more than 75 years. Established in 2004 as a supplier for the local needs of other top level operators, it has now transformed in to a complete fully fledged Premium DMC, The company and its staff are recognized for their professionalism, innovative approach to product design as well as top flight service to its guests, with the primary mission of not only reaching our guests expectations, but surpassing them.
The company is family owned but professionally managed, it is financially solid with well proven reliability and its top management are well known and respected in the travel industry. Following the steps of a new nation that is quickly turning into a Global tourism powerhouse, Desert Gate is determined to become the number one Luxury travel group in the Gulf region and will expand its services to other destinations that are connected culturally and touristically to its home market.
At Desert Gate, we are committed to the human touch and the total personalisation of all our premium services. We are a totally guest-centric enterprise and our mission is to make sure that our partners clients remain clients when they return home. We achieve this as we treat these clients not as reference numbers, but as guests.