Job description / Role
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures.
AED 7,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
• CPA, CMA, CA, ACCA
• 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
• Experience with computerized ledger systems
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
• Familiarity with SAP 6.0 a plus
• SFAS Rules
• Research Skills
• Analyzing Information
• Attention to Detail
• Confidentiality and Thoroughness
• Corporate Finance
• Financial Software
• General Math Skills
About the Company
Educon Management Consultancy's registered activity in the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED) is management consultancy services. The company was originally formed to target opportunities in the education sector.
Gradually, the company has shifted its focus on analyzing a subset of investments done in various sectors.