Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic accountant. Working for our client you will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the company in a fast-paced environment. This role will be responsible for the entire book-keeping lifecycle, accounts payable, invoicing, payroll, and other financial and accounting operations. This role will also be responsible for managing the month-end close process and help us maintain the general ledger in accordance with the IFRS accounting standards. A strong work ethic, high professional standards, and the ability to get things done are essential for this role.
You will have the unique opportunity to directly impact our growth trajectory by applying finance and accounting standards, and enhancements to our systems.
- Own the bookkeeping cycle for the company’s UAE, UK and Europe accounts
- Analyse, reconcile and record monthly general ledger activity for various P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist in monthly and year-end close processes; prepare monthly P&L for review
- Assist in the monthly compilation of internal financial statements for management
- Assist in year-end closing and audits
- Assist with financial audits and tax audits on an annual basis
- Assist in VAT filing on quarterly basis
- Perform bank reconciliations, related entries, and report monthly cash balances.
- Report cash balances and perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, ACCA qualified preferable
- Technical expertise in accounting software such as SAGE 200 and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and take on a large volume of work in a high growth environment
- Able to adapt to change and learn quickly, work independently and cross-functionally, and prioritize work to achieve objectives and timelines
- Well-organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven to handle confidential information with discretion
- Proactive in finding discrepancies and their resolution
- Strong communicator, with both written and verbal
About the Company
Venture Search is an international banking & financial services search firm, combining technology and human skill to enhance all aspects of the hiring process.
By combining advanced search technology and a market-leading team, we are able to attract the most talented candidates in the banking and financial services sector.
Here at Venture Search, we are passionate about building world-class teams and delivering long-term recruitment solutions. Venture’s focus spans multiple facets of the global Financial Services industry, including Banking, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Buyside, Fintechs, and Advisory firms.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors