Job description / Role
Due to an increasing workload and growth, we are looking for a Accounts Assistant/Logistics to work with us full time in Jebel Ali Downtown Dubai as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to become part of a hardworking, forward thinking and expanding business and who can undertake the responsibility for the delivery of projects from conception through to onsite completion.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts payable and receivable sub-ledgers and monthly account reconciliations utilizing industry specific computer software.
- Prepare financial documents such invoices, bills, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, payroll, reports, and other financial records for entry into computer software.
- Submission of VAT returns and refund.
- Track office licenses, leases and insurances to ensure all are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ownership of petty cash funds with regular reporting.
- Enters, updates, maintains accounting databases and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems; processing backups.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups, and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- General HR & P.R.O. duties.
- Create daily reports for management and team members.
- Collaborate with Logistics
- Assist Logistics manager in organizing inbound and outbound logistic activities that provides cost effective, efficient and timely transportation services
- Ensure the efficient management of shipments, and paperwork associated with the movement, loading, and deliveries
AED 5,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Key Experience & Skills (Non-Negotiable)
- Bachelors Degree in Accountancy of Finance, Ideally a Commerce or Accounting Graduate with strong accounting knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role based in the UAE.
- Strong working knowledge of the Quickbooks or other ERP online system.
- Proficient with MS Office software.
- Sound knowledge of UAE VAT regulations.
- Fluent in English (written & oral)
- Meticulously organised with a flexible and "can do" attitude to any tasks.
- Pro-active mentality.
- Salary: dependent upon experience and individual.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity for growth and progression within a multinational organisation.
- Upon successful completion of the probationary period 22 holiday days per year (in addition to public holidays).
- Christmas office shutdown.
About the Company
We are one of the largest, independently owned, electrical distributors in the UK. For over 30 years we’ve worked across industries and services to provide you with unrivalled electrical products and support that keeps you working.
Al Etihad Gold
RTC-1 Employment Services
Synergy Project Management
TGC Middle East