Job description / Role
Accountant - Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for an Accountant to work with the Finance Manager in managing the finance functions of the project in both SAP and Yardi systems. The Accountant will also support and supervise the end to end procurement solution for all assets and commodities and ensure that all procurement procedures, processes and priorities are adhered to and in accordance with Serco policies and guidelines, best business practices, and compliance to quality systems in providing this service we shall project a professional image at all times.
• Create receipting entry for the rent & service charge collection in Yardi system
• Capture all information relating to vendor agreement, payment requests etc.
• Ensure site’s compliance with Serco Procurement Policy and Corporate Finance vendor payment policy
• Review of invoices ensuring proper backups are provided, amounts are matching the related Purchase Orders (PO) or as per the agreed service contract and resolve any problem that arises
• Coordinate with Corporate Finance to ensure payment is processed on timely basis
• Deal with vendor queries and disputes, including drafting of replies and ensuring resolution thereof.
• Raise GRN for all invoices received as per cut-off date
• Ensure all supplier invoices are submitted to Shared Service Center for posting
• Ensure all utility bills are generated on a regular basis and paid on time; utility costs are allocated in correct period and property
• Prepare a Purchase Order Request (POR) Analysis sheet to support PORs issued by Operations team and ensure that costs allocated are budgeted for
• Create shopping carts/purchase order for online approvals
• Ensure correct allocation of expense type, property code and GL account code are entered
• Review of open PO in SAP and provide suggestions on actions to be taken on long outstanding open PO
• Identifying and selecting vendors to purchase commodities/supplies and ensure that criteria such as specification, price, quality, quantity, and delivery date are met.
• Responsible for reviewing all material/supply requests and compare it with project budget and project schedules.
• Organize and maintain numerous purchasing tasks in a busy and pressured environment
• Maintain and update comprehensive procurement records on materials and suppliers and ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
• Responsible for maintaining the day to day activities of purchasing registers as well as daily and weekly reports.
• Demonstrate leadership and team building skills through staff communication and hold regular meetings to gain staff commitment and build efficiency of the department.
• Monitor operational issues and manage working procedures..
• Participate in audit stock taking.
• Participate as a full member of the team through supporting and carrying out training working flexibly as required to cover other members of the team including completing front line tasks.
• Monitoring of any collections received online (Service charge, rent, reservation & security deposit)
• Manages the cash collection with respect to valet parking, carwash, and proceeds from waste disposal. Reconcile the report versus the cash collections and resolve any discrepancy
• Ensure any collections are deposited timely
• Prepare a daily cash position report for all bank accounts, (Service charge, Rent bank accounts)
• Assists in periodic budget preparation and forecasting
• Ensure that all files are maintained properly to assist the auditors when reviewing documents
• Responsible for custody of financial information and records such as vendor contracts & correspondences; maintain vendor files & ensure that all information on contract files is kept up to date; and update soft copy of vendor invoices & related supporting documents on the Finance shared drive.
• Custodian of inventory of valet parking and car wash tickets. Ensure that these tickets are kept safely at all times.
• Preparing and posting of Bank Reconciliation report
• Assist in preparing the month- end closing tasks
What we are looking for in our candidates:
• Highly proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
• Knowledgeable in SAP (SRM) and Yardi systems
• Detail oriented
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a pressurized environment
• Ability to provide quality output and meet demanding deadlines and schedules
• Exercises good judgment and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills with ability to process information quickly
• Fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
• A team player and capacity to develop professional relationships with colleagues, clients, and service providers
• A degree holder preferably Accountancy or a Business Graduate
• At least 5 years of experience in Procurement and General Accounting
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.