Job description / Role
- Maintenance of day-to-day accounting records and transactions.
- Handling monthly closing and accounting tasks, including but not limited to preparation of monthly financials, bank reconciliations, tracking and updating of monthly and quarterly valuations, GL Entries etc.
- Preparation of documentation and checking of all invoices for VAT submission on a quarterly basis.
- Tracking of budget and reporting variances to the management and department heads and assisting with their various queries.
- Maintenance of Budget transfers between various categories.
- Arrangement of supporting documentation for internal audit and state audit requests.
- Preparation of year end audit file and arrangement of supporting documentation for all external audit requests.
- Handling of year end closing and preparation of accruals and other GL entries.
- Providing inputs for various improvements regarding AX and testing of modules whenever new changes are introduced in the ERP system.
- Preparation of base reports for performance reporting.
- Maintenance of Lease Module
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Module
- Reconciling all Investment bank Accounts (BNY)
- Covering Senior Financial Accounting functions on emergencies and leaves.
- Provide support for any Ad Hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Management.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience preferably in a complex financial services business, asset management company, pension fund or sovereign wealth fund.
- Experience in and understanding of investment products from an accounting perspective
- Competent and familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Should be familiar with business practice and culture in the region
About the Company
Emirates Investment Authority (EIA) is the only Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates. Established in 2007, the EIA has actively sought unique investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally, focusing on investing in asset classes that will help strengthen and diversify the UAE economy.
Its primary directive is to manage the sovereign wealth of the UAE by investing in a diversified portfolio of assets in key economic sectors and industries with the aim of delivering sustained financial gains for the UAE.