Job description / Role
Our client is a rapidly expanding Commodities Trading company based in JLT. The position of Accounting Manager oversees a small finance team.
• In charge of financial management for the company
• Reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
• Overseeing the recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
• Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
• Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
• Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Keep records of client transactions
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Chartered Accountant, ideally from the Big 4 plus a few years in industry
• Hands-on manager
• Strong in Excel and ERP systems
• Stable CV, showing steady career progression – no job hoppers
• Around 10 yrs work experience in an accounts/finance dept
• Experience working in a group, with multiple legal entities
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.