Job description / Role
A highly technical Accounting Manager is required for a semi-government business in Abu Dhabi. This is still in the ‘start-up phase’ with plenty of improvements to processes and procedures to be done.
A Qualified Accountant with a keen eye for detail, excellent experience in AP/AR/GL Accounting and team management required.
• Manage the daily accounting records and ensure that all journal entries are completed on a timely basis to support period/year end closing (i.e., adjusting entries, accruals and reconciliation)
• Ensure that all transactions comply with financial regulations, monitor accounting data on a regular basis and recommend improvements where necessary
• Manage the trial balance analysis process at the end of accounting periods, ensure that all accounting entries are correctly recorded and that all ledger balances are accurately extracted to support in drafting and generating financial statements
• Maintain internal accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and by defining and enforcing accounting policies and procedures across the business in order to sustain financial security
• Ensure adequate and periodic maintenance of the chart of accounts
• Identify and recommend improvements to the monthly closing process and recommend changes/improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Manage the maintenance and update of General Ledger accounts
• Manage the maintenance of inventory related activities such as transfers and inventory count and ensure compliance with the inventory and warehouse policies and regulations
• Manage the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually
• Prepare monthly and Year End Financial reports, coordinate external audit review
• Review vendor invoices, supporting documents and journal entry in liaison with contracts and procurement and as per policies and procedures
• Manage payroll processing activities and end of service payments and maintain records while ensuring that calculations are properly reviewed in close collaboration with the HR department
• Manage insurance policies, capitalisation and insurance claims of fixed assets as per policies and procedures while ensuring that entries and ledgers are updated accordingly
• Prepare and file VAT return
• Identify risk exposure to company assets
• ERP implementation and upgrade coordination for finance department
• Perform other duties as required by upper management
AED 30,000 to 35,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Chartered Accountant with around 5-10 yrs post qualification experience
• The CV should show an obvious focus on accounting and not commercial finance or business partnering
• Large company experience required at FC level
• Experience of re-designing accounting procedures
• Resilient hard worker, who is not deterred by working in a disorganised start-up environment
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.