Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of all segments. The position focuses on hotel's national and international accounts in terms of individual bookings.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when applicable, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Ensure invoices have relevant documents such as PO , AFE, Contract etc
- Verify the invoices to check the unit of issue. Unit price, quantity, extension against the hotel purchase order and receiving advice.
- Code invoices to the appropriate general ledger account and submit to Chief Accountant for verification.
- Obtain approval for invoices from the appropriate department prior to processing the invoice on the accounts payable system.
- Ensure invoices without relevant supporting documents are approved by respective Department Heads or Division Heads
- Ensure invoices are correctly posted into system either manually or through the FMC upload file.
- Maintain approved up-to-date vendor/supplier database on the accounts payable system.
- Print & submit cheques with all supporting documents to the Director of Finance & General Manager for their signatures.
- Prepare manual cheques as they are required if directed by the Director of Finance or Assistant Financial Controller.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the purchasing, receiving and cost control staff.
- Reconcile main vendor statements monthly in order to ensure that the account is kept current.
- Check vendor statements as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self-Development, Listening and Oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Managing, training and instructing skills
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel or Resort and in a similar role.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
A Leading Group In UAE
The Leading Pharmaceutical And Consumer Entity In The UAE
AP & AR Accountant
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 May|