Job description / Role
• To ensure high quality of content through technical editing.
• To ensure the highest standard of content editing are maintained.
• To deliver assigned tapes or files in a timely manner.
• Edit all channels content (in house production, series, movies, programs, etc), changing content formats, compiling contents, creating content for 2nd runs, as per the Group / Channel guidelines or procedures.
Conduct a technical check on tape or files & revise the following:
• Time code
• Format Log sheets In & out
• Follow procedures for the defined / systematic technical editing to ensure world class quality of content.
• Provide recommendation about the cutting and technical editing alternatives.
• Ensure that the content of tapes & files meet the correct technical specifications.
• Manage equipment and identify faults, utilizing aspect ratio converters and standards converters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Editing or related field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in content and TV editing Good technical knowledge of editing, understanding of media formats, and editing systems and graphics within each facility
• Be able to solve technical problems, and know the topology of the edit suites.
• Able to identify what is acceptable for which media and broadcaster and their different technical specifications.
• Understand compression, and be able to utilize VT Recorders (VTRs) in normal and abnormal settings.
• Able to operate, patch and un-patch equipment, and must possess relevant computer skills in order to move media around the facility.
• Customer Orientation: Able to assert clients' needs and problems, and to identify appropriate solutions.
• Communication Skills
• Quality Control and Assurance for edited stories
• Attentive to detail
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadline
• Teamwork & interpersonal skills
• Fluency in Arabic / English Computer skills
• Linear and non-linear editing (machine to machine)
• AvidFinal cut pro
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.
Social Media Copywriter
Experts Plus Recruitment Services
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Sport Media Producer
A Leading Holding Company in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jun|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Assistant Brand Manager
Nestle Middle East