Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for providing administrative support by assisting in the activities that facilitate the flow of work in the related Division/Business Unit/Department. The role holder is also responsible for managing and providing all the paperwork, office procedures and other administrative tasks to facilitate operational requirements of the Division/Business Unit/Department.
• Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: typing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
• Assists in responding, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, including invoices to be paid.
• Assists in collection, distribution and dispatch of all payment vouchers (couriers/ letters/ bills) related to the related Division/Business Unit/Department
• Assists and facilitates the supply and maintenance of office equipment, whenever required
• Supports in filing and other document control activities for the Division/Business Unit/Department to ensure that all documents are stored and available for subsequent use
• Assists in developing and updating spreadsheets, documents, reports and presentations as per the requirement
• Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain internal files, records and databases, as appropriate
• Maintains confidentiality of documents and information received
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East's leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
- More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
- A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
- Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
- A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
- An experienced management team
- Strong customer relationships