Job description / Role
This is an administrative professional position located in Dubai, UAE supporting several members of the Legal & Compliance Department based in Dubai from different teams (Middle East cluster, Maghreb Egypt & Levant cluster, Illicit Trade Prevention, Region VP, and Compliance).
The position requires analytical and communication skills and the ability to effectively engage in outreach across the various functional organizations of the corporation. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing high level administrative assistance while maintaining integrity and confidentiality with all materials and exercising discretion when collaborating with the business. The Administrative Assistant oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with key constituents and facilitates initiatives on behalf of the Legal & Compliance functions supported. Work requires a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information. Exercises excellent problem solving and judgment skills in a fast-paced environment. The Administrative Assistant organizes team events, both internally and off-site. Actively promotes teamwork, optimizes services, and shares standard methodologies and works towards continuous improvement. The Administrative Assistant will also perform other administrative tasks using independent judgement and discretion, making sure that workload is actively managed, so that these activities are completed accurately and on time. Utilizes professional concepts and objectives to resolve complex issues in a creative and effective manner. Ensures that the office implements leading practices and operates at the highest ethical and governance standards. Demonstrates an inclusive, consultative and thoughtful approach to achieving cross-functional alignment on issues internally while creating an environment of collaboration with business partners and Legal & Compliance Department colleagues.
- Coordinates and liaises administrative work for CLIENT's Legal & Compliance team members located in Dubai.
- Provides high quality and effective administrative and business support.
- Acts as a point of contact between legal leadership and employees or other stakeholders.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Exercises a wide degree of creativity and latitude in developing and coordinating activities on behalf of the supported team.
- Handles matters expeditiously, with dedication and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often under strict deadlines.
- Organizes meetings, manages agendas, calendars and emails and, schedules appointments and answers/redirects routine enquiries for internal/external sources.
- Holds the responsibility of travel organization (flights, accommodation, visas, expense reports, etc.) and department events, site activities and team off-sites meetings arrangement.
- Facilitates smooth communication between the executives, departments, other assistants, employees, external parties and customers. Distributes communications, cascade announcements, reports & highlights and write correspondence.
- Handles confidential information and maintain the security of the executive's records and files.
- Supports induction process of new team members and collaborates with Legal Operations team for offices & space allocations.
- Monitors outgoing correspondence for consistency with corporate policy.
- Facilitates good working relationships with various constituencies to include internal and external business leaders, public offices, legislators, and federal officials.
- Arranges audiences, protocol, reception of visitors and replies to requests for information on programs and organize visits of officials from outside organizations, as required.
- Requires the ability to read and prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, newsletters, budgets, etc. using prescribed formats and assuring that such documentation is correct in form and style.
- Requires the ability to deal with a wide range of personalities and people.
- Maintains a culture with a high degree of emphasis on dignity, respect, and inclusion.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Quickly grasps key drivers of the business and industry and quickly become immersed in the most important business issues facing the company.
- Demonstrates strategic, innovative, creative and inquisitive frame of mind, with strong business acumen and judgment.
- Speaks fluently in lay terms to a range of audiences.
Executing for Results
- Demonstrates the detail orientation and the technical, planning and project management skills to ensure flawless execution.
- Takes initiative and operates with a sense of urgency, decisiveness and responsiveness.
- Possesses strong work ethic with ability to handle a fast-paced vigorous schedule.
- Able to solve problems and offer creative solutions.
- Anticipates and proactively addresses emerging issues.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative to prioritize work and otherwise perform the job with minimal supervision.
- Holds oneself to the highest standards of accountability.
- High energy and drive, a charismatic and positive individual with a passion for driving results, and unquestioned integrity.
- Highly collaborative and an appreciation of the power of inclusivity.
Knowledge and experience desired to undertake this role
- High school degree, CFC, Business Administration diploma or equivalent; additional qualification as Personal Assistant or Secretary would be considered an asset. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Strong capacity to influence and coach, attention to detail, action driven and specialist in organization.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with various partners.
- High priority setting and planning capacities, with the ability to react quickly and effectively.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple, conflicting priorities while managing a substantial workload and client expectations.
- Experience of working successfully in a highly results-oriented and performance-driven environment with a focus on excellence.
- Robust interpersonal, networking, public speaking, and writing skills, with the confidence and credibility to act quickly, communicate effectively with diplomacy and civility.
- Ability to draft documents in English at first-rate level.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate perspective regardless of the delicacy or pressure of a situation.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and preserve the integrity of information and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle company confidential information and data requiring the highest degree of attention to preserve confidentiality.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with a demonstrated ability to handle crises.
- Strong organizational skills reflected by motivation toward planning, and communicating with high performance teams in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Normal office environment for a mission driven, high impact team. Position requires a passionate, motivated, driven individual with a proven ability to get the job accomplished.
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
The Eight Estate
A Leading Consultancy In UAE