Job description / Role
We are currently working alongside our partner in the United Arab Emirates assisting them in their search for an Adult Emergency medical consultant to work one of Sharjah's busiest and most established public tertiary hospitals.
Sharjah is very much like its larger more famous sister Dubai, there are however a few notable cultural differences however that must be noted for those that choose to live there. Sharjah although less than 10 miles from Dubai operates under a slightly more conservative interpretation of Sharia. For perspective, this translates to a ban on alcohol consumption within Sharjah city limits and the wearing of more conservative clothes in public spaces. Taking these considerations into account might be made easier by the fact that in Sharjah rental expenditure is substantially lower than that of the other Emirates.
Whether living in Dubai or Sharjah, the cities are so closely linked by public transport, monorail, water taxis, buses and the electronically operated Monorail system that you often don't feel in separate cities.
This client offers up educational support for dependent children between the ages of 8-16, usually this comes in the form of an allowance to pay for said child's placement in school. It must be said that some of the schools on offer, though placement is not guaranteed, provides some of the best educational opportunities in the world. One of the most interesting things about the schooling pool in the U.A.E is that there a number of different curriculums on over from a number of different schools. There are British curriculum schools, American curriculum schools and there is even a number of International Baccalaureate schools, offering one of the most comprehensive and rewarding educational programs in the world. Very often the high schools are well suited to feeding their students into redbrick and Ivy League universities back at home. Some of the less tangible benefits would be the multilingual and multicultural that children are placed into by default, character building to the say the least.
- A tax free salary of 60,000 Aed ( £12,000) per month.
- This vacancy in particular is government run which offers 5 day work week over the
- Working within government facilities in the Middle East often ensures a certain procedural culture that would fit hand in glove with some of the NHS cultures you might be used to, with particular regard to governance and outcomes.
- Accommodation (up to 3 bedrooms)
- A car
- Free medical insurance
- Free malpractice insurance
- Educational allowance for your children
- Flights once a year
- 30 days annual leave
- 10 public holidays
- 5 days continued education leave
- Senior consultants and management positions 6 days administrative leave
- End of Service Bonuses ( 15 days of salary per year for the first 3 years and then 30 days thereafter, only to be provided at the end of the contract)
Skills and Qualifications
- Ccst ( certificate of completion of specialist training)
- American Board Registration
- CIS (French)
- Australian or NZ fellowship
A minimum of 2 years of experience after obtaining these qualifications is required to obtain your license within the Emirates, Applicants with less than 2 years' experience post specialist certifications you do not have 2 years' experience you need not apply.
Please apply online.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.