Job description / Role
• Perform all preparatory work (obtains supplies and equipment, sets up ladders and scaffolds, and covers items with drop cloths and tape).
• Perform all duties associated with the treatment, preparation, and coating of wood, metal, glass, synthetic, concrete, or other surfaces.
• Prepare surfaces by mechanical means, i.e. scraping, wire brushing, masking, spackling, and sanding surfaces.
• Clean, degrease, and remove all oil and wax build up.
• Removes scale, dirt and old paint from surfaces so that coating materials will adhere properly.
• Mask and cover portions of surfaces not to be painted.
• Mix, thin, blend, match, tint, and tone coating materials following specific oral and written directives and specifications.
• Applies coating materials such as primers, paints, varnishes, and shellacs, using standard application techniques and ensures that the coating finish meets surface protection requirements.
• Should be very good with spray painting, touch up and varnishing.
• Paint insignia, letters or numerals on aircraft surface, using stencils.
• Assists higher grade mechanics with cleaning of aircraft parts using solvents and other cleaning solutions.
• Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied components.
• Knowledge of aircraft and/or company forms required by work requirements.
• Ability to work independently with good decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Minimum 3 years hands on paid experience
• Secondary Education
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.