Job description / Role
* Manage Retail Clients Credit Initiation and Fraud Risk activities and processes effectively and efficiently aligned to business strategy for the country
* Work with RCO, Retail Clients Risk, CCH, Head RO and other stakeholders in the region for smooth functioning of Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management processes and activities in the countries.
The Role Responsibilities
* Support and provide inputs to Retail Risk Operations head for developing operational model and shaping strategic agenda for Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management.
* Implement the operating model and strategic direction for the region for Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management to best support process efficiencies and effectiveness.
* Work with RCO Retail Clients Risk to design and implement the Fraud Risk strategy and infrastructure for the region for channels and products within Retail Clients segment.
* Optimise operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making within the Retail Risk Operations function.
* Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Customers segment.
* Ensure the cost budget in Risk Operations is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
* Identify, coordinate, and drive productivity projects in the Region.
* Ensure that credit origination decisions are executed in line with the delegated authority while adhering to the process standards defined by CCO, Retail Clients.
* Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives in the region for Credit Initiation and Fraud Risk control.
* Develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure in the region that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks.
* Manage capacity planning across countries. Develop and maintain robust and scalable Credit Initiation processes to execute risk management policies and strategies.
* Leverage and build credit assessment infrastructure capability to optimize process efficiency.
* Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
* Implement the Operational Risk Framework in Retail Risk Operations and monitor the operational risk metrics for the region to identify potential control weaknesses.
* Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
People and Talent
* Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality CI and FRM professionals at a country level.
* Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
* Ensure that holders of all critical roles are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Risk Operations team. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
* Business Strategy and Model: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry
* Non-technical Skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
* Risk Management and Control: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's approach to risk management, specifically as applicable to Retail Risk Operations
* Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Retail Risk Operations through both directly-managed and virtual team
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.