Job description / Role
- Responsible for reviewing all development code before moving to production to verify consistency and conformance with departmental guidelines, policies and practices as well as industry standard guidelines.
- Application coding as set in the approved requirement specifications document by the customer.
- Sets up and supports all software testing.
- Provide assistance to other Programmer Analysts as and when required.
- Able to perform as a project lead when requested by immediate supervisor.
- Responsible to provide documentation of the code and prepare training and test plans and documents for the applications as appropriate.
- Adhere to best practices in software development and provide the same assistance to other programmers as required. -Prepare and follow up all the required documents as per the PMO for assigned projects.
- Capable of designing enterprise level applications without supervision.
- Translates flow charts, problem statements, and specifications into programming languages.
- Manages the release control process by supporting the systems administration team and Database administrator to move the application/module from testing to production environment after UAT.
- Act as mentor for other programmers in the department.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in analysis and programming in an enterprise environment, with at least three years of core systems analysis.
- Technical proficiency in relevant languages and development tools including .NET, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Java, JSP, HTML, and Java script.
- Solid experience with Oracle development tools such as Oracle development suite and MS .NET environment.
- Thorough understanding of multiple platform function including Unix, Linux, Windows, and iOS.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead projects and act as team leader when direct supervisor is unavailable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences include ability to clearly document all codes and create all needed projects documentations such as technical reference manuals, technical guides and user guides.
- Solid knowledge of software engineering methodologies and techniques based on best practices.
- Solid knowledge modular design and development practices.
- Application performance tuning techniques.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Oracle certification and knowledge of Banner ERP applications are highly desirable
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.