Job description / Role
KENDO Inc. is a San Francisco-based luxury cosmetic brand creation center. Launched in 2008 and named after a play on "can do", KENDO is known for bringing intensely remarkable, high quality beauty products to market including Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen. Kendo originated as a division of Sephora, and became its own entity exclusive to Sephora, backed by LVMH in 2015.
KENDO middle East is based in Dubai operating for the gulf regions, including UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.
Reporting to Director of Retail & Education for the Middle East, the Kendo Area Manager will help develop the Kendo brands portfolio (Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen) within Sephora UAE region through:
- Beauty advisors management & coaching
- Instore execution
- Sales monitoring
The position involves mobility with 4 days per week in the field.
Beauty Advisors management:
- Manage the local Kendo cast team: induction, calendars, requests and Sales targets achievement, administrative assistance, etc
- Evaluate Kendo cast sales and motivate team to reach their monthly target
- Give a tailor-made coaching for each Kendo cast based on their specific needs and growth path
- Animate and Co-animate with Kendo training teams all local training activations planned for Sephora Cast members
- Work with the Education manager on training related tools for Kendo and Sephora Cast members
- Continually inspires and acts as a Kendo role-model in-stores, teaching by example Kendo and Sephora Cast Members
Instore supervision & Sales monitoring:
- Follow-up on sales and setup commercial strategies within UAE region
- Ensure in store execution of marketing plans (launches, animation, merchandising, store roll-out) in line with guidelines
- Report all business instore information (Stock needs, merchandizing, training) and recommends improvements proposals
- Ensure all Kendo merchandising guidelines are well respected
- Assists in new stores openings to ensure compliance and success with Kendo international guidelines
- Issue monthly report presenting and evaluating the competition activity.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Beauty or Fashion sales
- Proven leadership, management, and team building skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Fluent in English and Arabic (French is a plus)
- Mobile and able to travel (4 days per week in the field)
- Relevant bachelor's degree
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.