Area Sales Manager - HNW & Investments
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Manage a team of Relationship Managers to acquire, nurture and manage client relationships by offering investments, insurance and FX products and targeting new-to-bank affluent clients.
• Manage a team of Relationship Managers (RM) with the objective of acquiring new-to-bank affluent clients for investments, Insurance, FX and CASA relationships.
• Achieve monthly and annual fee income target of the Team from sales of investments, Insurance, FX products.
• Work with internal teams to create relevant and suitable solutions for clients. Keep the Team updated about Investment, Insurance and FX Products and Solutions being offered by the bank.
• Ensure that RMs adhere to all documentation requirements for smooth and error-free execution of investment transactions of the Team
• Ensure that the RMs conduct detailed risk-assessment and suitability assessment of clients and offer products that are aligned to the client's risk profile.
• Ensure that the RMs provide regular market and portfolio updates in order to increase engagement with clients and increase investment, insurance and FX business
• Take responsibility of providing ongoing service support to clients. Ensure that the RMs resolve client service requests in coordination with respective operations teams.
• Update Head of Wealth Distribution and Head of Wealth Management with regular activity MIS and call reports, sales reports, account management reports, Maintain pipeline of sales prospects.
• Manage the inherent conflict in the job requirement - client needs and risk appetite versus achieving revenue targets
• Have a clear understanding of Wealth business, global capital markets and latest macro-economic trends and developments in the financial markets in order to provide high quality of advice to clients
• Explore cross-sell opportunities within the client base for different products and services of the bank.
• Ensure compliance to internal and external regulatory requirements
• Conduct joint sales meetings with RMs to help them in closing investment, insurance and FX sales and also to ensure high quality of client interaction.
• Train, develop, motivate and lead the team to deliver high quality performance and retain talent.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management or Science
• CISI qualification or equivalent
• At least 5 years' experience in the investments sales management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.