Job description / Role
Crown Fine Art provides dedicated logistics support to museums, institutions, galleries, auction houses and private collectors. Coordinating touring exhibitions, transporting individual works or whole collections, while always providing the highest standards of care – transporting art safely around the world.
Crown Fine Art is looking for a full time Art Technician to join our team based in Dubai. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, professional, and diverse team with an excellent track record of success.
As an Art Technician, your main responsibility will be the safe handling, transportation and possibly installation of artworks, antiques and high-end furniture.
An Art Technician’s key responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for carrying out exceptional care when handling, packing, and transporting artwork.
• You will be responsible for the safe and secure wrapping and packing of artworks, antiques, and other high-end items.
• One of your primary focus and high priority responsibility will always be the safety of both property and people.
• You will be responsible for routine condition reporting.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that all property is accounted for whilst in our vehicles and/or the warehouse.
• You will need to adhere to deadlines for installations, de-installations, exhibitions, and transport of property.
• You will be required to maintain a high level of personal presentation at all times, ensuring compliance with the department’s standard procedures and safety requirements.
• You will be required to complete any relevant training that is required of you, including refresher training when necessary.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Technician:
• Skilled in packing, wrapping and handling artwork and antiques is essential.
• Previous experience within an Art Technician or Art Handler job is essential.
• Background with a suitable technical transferable skills (example: cabinetry or furniture manufacture)
• A Driving license and the knowledge/ability to drive at least a 3-tonne truck.
• A high level of attention to detail and organisational skills are essential.
• The ability to ensure the security and safety of a client’s property is crucial.
• The ability to work well within a team, displaying excellent communication skills with clients and staff from multiple departments.
• A flexible approach to work is required, as often over time is necessary to complete work.
• The ability to undertake regular heavy lifting comfortably and safely.
• Computer and literacy skills are essential.
About the Company
One of the leading Relocation Companies in UAE.