Job description / Role
Assistant / Associate Professor in Management Accounting / AIS in the Digital Economy- Accounting and Finance
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates. The "UAEU aims to be an innovative, socially-conscious university which will generate a community of future leaders by encouraging collaborative research, providing a learner-centric educational experience and cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship." (mission statement).
With the vision of "Advancing Knowledge, Serving Society, and Developing Future Leaders." In line with this mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to Â«be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IRÂ», and focusing on:
- Leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation
- Accelerated development of graduate education; and
- Strengthening corporate relations and internationalization.
As part of this strategy, the CBE now seeks to appoint a highly motivated academic for a full-time position as Assistant/Associate Professor in Management Accounting/ AIS in the Digital Economy in the Department of Accounting and Finance starting January 2021. The candidate is expected to engage actively in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University. The Accounting and Finance Department is reputable for excellence in accounting and finance education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region.
Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society. Key
Duties and Responsibilities:
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Accounting (with emphasis on management accounting and/or accounting information systems, with significant leaning towards the emerging component elements of 4IR and the digital economy such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/big data science, etc.);
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading Accounting journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
The application package should include a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in Accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE.
- PhD degree in Accounting from an internationally recognized university with emphasis on management accounting and/or accounting information systems.
- The ability to teach undergraduate courses is a must. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
- Additional qualification in one of the component areas of 4IR and the digital economy (such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/data science, etc.).
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment
- Experience in teaching management accounting and/or accounting information systems at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading Accounting journals
- Mastering computer skills especially accounting and data analytics related software
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with experience, strong research and publication potential/record in management accounting and accounting information systems.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Assistant/Associate Professor in Auditing
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||29 Jun|
|Abu Dhabi||26 May|
|Al Ain||9 Jun|