Job description / Role
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates. Its pioneering nature is now once more underscored by its strategic project The University of the Future. In line with the United Arab Emirates Centennial Plan 2071 to provide the best education in the world, UAEU aims to realize global eminence and to become the University of the Future in the region.
Hence, UAEU launched the "University of the Future" Project, a multi-phase project that re-envisions the future of UAEU in becoming a world-class, university of the future, responding to the challenges and opportunities stemming from digitalization, the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), technological innovations, globalization, and major societal challenges.
In doing so, its aspiration is to be recognized as "the first world-class university in the country; among the first 20 in Asia; and among the first 200 globally" by 2030.
The College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IRÂ», and focusing on
• Leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation;
• Accelerated development of graduate education; and
• Strengthening corporate relations and internationalisation.
• Applicants must have an earned doctorate in the applicable field. The ability to teach undergraduate courses is a must. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Requirements and Selection Criteria
• A PhD in Business / Management from an internationally recognized university (with emphasis on strategic management)
• Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment
• Experience in teaching management strategic management at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
• Demonstrated ability to publish in leading international management journals;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
• Very good interpersonal skills.
• In addition to the above, professional qualification and experience in practice setting will be highly valued.
The ideal candidate will have a primary research and teaching interest in Strategic Management. The position entails teaching at undergraduate and graduate level, strong engagement with practice, the business community and the corporate world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to
• Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in strategic management;
• Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
• Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized management journals;
• Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
• Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
• Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
• Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The First Academy