Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors. Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Assistant Bid Manager
• The assistant bid manager delivers smart, compelling, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations. Project managing activity through department bid plans and escalating risk to bid leader where required.
• Also supports further business development activities through the creation and regular update of capability documents and presentations.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing tender documents to define client requirements, deliverables, set deadlines and owners
• Project planning. Owning the bid programme, highlighting interdependencies and monitoring/reporting on progress.
• Managing the process. Internal progress meetings - bid kick off/regular progress meetings.
• Supporting the bid team through mid-bid/site/progress meetings.
• Providing appropriate dissemination and communication of client tender clarifications and facilitation of appropriate action in response.
• Writing the bid.
• Proofing/copying edit responses to ensure compliant, compelling, benefits-driven copy.
• Creating the bid.
• Creating impactful, well-designed bid documentation for submission.
• Supporting bid submissions with relevant photography and supporting graphical/infographic tools.
• Submitting the bid
• Ensuring all required reviews and adjudication/sign-offs are achieved.
• Taking the lead in the bid programme, ensuring content is fully compliant, quality checked to deliver a bid to deadline
• Providing the post-tender presentations.
• Producing and design presentation slides and leaving behind content.
• Capturing all new content within bid content library (aftercare).
• Recording and sharing lessons learnt/best practice.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience specifically focused on bidding.
• Experience translating business/brand strategy to content/communications.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Ability to shape compelling responses.
• Skilled to manage delivery through direct reports and colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, bid colleagues, marketing and communications and external suppliers.
• An understanding of professional service and/or the building/property industry.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a professional services environment - ideally built environment.
• Strong attention to detail and error-free delivery.
• Flexibility and open to changing priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team, colleagues and consultants/suppliers and stakeholders in a professional, consistent manner.
• Competency in using of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (In Design).
• Strong document preparation skills.
• Good organisation and project management skills.
• Ability to work in a team and alone as activity requires
• Strong commitment to internal client care.
• A relevant degree qualification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.