Job description / Role
The Assistant Category Manager will be responsible for supporting the Category Manager in developing and delivering category strategies for the UAE business and will be based in their regional procurement hub in Dubai.
Our client are a leading food distribution and catering company with regional offices based in Dubai. They are currently recruiting an assistant category manager with the following experience:
* Raw ingredients & food catering category management experience
* UAE Experience
* International food spend management
PLEASE NOTE - this is NOT a retail category manager role, please only apply if your have procured foods within a food service or catering environment
* Support the execution of Category Strategy plans in line with the requirements of the business and the objectives of the department
* Identify and deliver key projects within the categories that deliver significantly better than market inflation outcomes
* Ensure supplier relationships are effectively managed by focusing on commercial, food safety and supply chain business plans
* Support the requirements of the business by resolving key issues within appropriate time frames and ensuring long term solutions are implemented
* Support the administration of processes including analysis, systems and contract management
* Delivering ad-hoc projects in line with business requirements
* Ensure that the categories are managed in line with the group framework of global policies and initiatives
* 20,000 - 25,000 AED per month
This will be at Assistant Category Manager level paying 20k - 25k per month (basic, housing and transport). The upper end of this bracket will only be available for someone who is ready to progress into the Category Manager role in a few months.
* Dynamic team player: ability to deliver results and support the team in a changing environment
* Integrity: sets and performs to the highest ethical and professional standards always.
* Bases relationships on honesty, respect, fairness and a commitment to open dialogue and transparency
* Analytically strong: with the ability to make informed decisions based on the interpretation of the data available
* Process focus: able to follow and encourage the development of sustainable processes within the procurement function
* Business partner: ability to understand and deliver appropriate outcomes for the business
* Strong communication skills: excellent verbal and written skills with a proven ability to effectively engage a diverse group of stakeholders
* Attention to detail
* Multicultural empathy
* Fluent in English & Arabic is essential
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.