Job description / Role
To direct and control the general accounting functions of the University and implement approved accounting practices to ensure the accurate reflection of the University's financial performance and position.
Assistant to CFO assists CFO in managing the financial health of UAEU under CFO direction. Their work includes managing transitions, preparing financial statements, month-end closing tasks, year-end closing duties, preparing budgets, outside agency audit tasks, and other duties assigned by CFO.
Assistant to CFO furthermore helps CFO in creating, implementing, or enforcing accounting policies and procedures. It helps to maintain the financial health of the UAEU. They perform all these duties with an accurate understanding of Accepted Accounting Principles in the university.
The assistant CFO acts as the central point of reference for routine to high-level financial issues. He / she leads the central finance function and ensures that best practice is attained. Effective performance will result in UAEU Management receiving financial reports and advice on a timely and accurate basis to assist the University achieve its strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting plus CPA, CMA, CA or equivalent
- 5-10 years' post-qualification experience working for large organization of similar size and complexity to the University in a commercial or audit environment.
- CPE / Continuous Professional Education - to maintain certification
- Advanced Spreadsheet, Analytical, and Presentation
- Soft Skills training so as to facilitate People and Change Management
- UAE Regulatory Training
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed staff management and leadership skills
- English and Arabic fluency required
- Strong ERP and Spreadsheet skills.
- Process analysis and project management skills.
- Management accounting and financial management skills
- Drive and self-motivation
- Strong performance orientation
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Finance / Senior Finance Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
BuildWell HR Solutions
|Abu Dhabi||13 Apr|
Head of Finance IMEA
Country Finance Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services