Job description / Role
At Accor, our operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values. As an Assistant Chief Engineer, your responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preventive maintenance and servicing of the physical plant (mechanical facilities) and the property.
- Service and repair duties of all public and guest areas.
- To actively participate in the Chateau Whistler's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- To be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- To ensure that all-mechanical rooms exceed cleanliness standards while complying with OHS Regulations and other provincial codes.
- This position is a rotating, shift-work schedule.
- Ensure team is following opening and closing checklist.
- Check the master card, key and mobile.
- Take over from the previous shift.
- Prepare the work order for the staff.
- Conduct the shift briefing.
- Conduct the training as per schedule.
- Check the BMS every often.
- RSM - Process flow and guidelines. Check RSM Dash board/ recovery to respond immediately with in 15minutes.
- Plant room/ boiler room/ chiller yard regular rounds.
- Daily Follow up for pending job and update job completed without fail.
- All ongoing projects must be coordinated to the 3rd party services and must be monitored and check the reports/services regularly.
- Check for the material stock and order the material.
- Once LPO ready follow up with Suppliers and receive the material with proper documentation.
- Coordinate with other department for any Engineering related works.
- Follow up for the break down jobs.
- Inspect the PPM work and make sure it is done as per standard.
- Prioritize all the works which related to guest and complete the job ASAP.
- Immediate response for the flooding, fire alarm, gas alarm, Elevator stuck, no power etc.
- Taken care all life and safety related job like fire system, gas alarm, Generator system, UPS.
- All the DM requirement work to be carried out and update the file.
- Arrange for any major break downs and carry out job ASAP.
- Constant focus on utilities (HVAC, water, chiller).
- Keep DOE informed about any emergency.
- Follow up for all out source contract monthly quarterly, yearly PPM.
- Daily inspection of plant rooms without fail.
- Utility reading to be taken without error.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Neat appearance
- Displays initiative and good follow-up skills
- Team player
- Customer/people oriented
- 4th Class Power Engineering designation is preferred, 5th Class Power Engineering designation will be considered.
- Other trade certificate(s) would be an asset.
- Pool water chemistry knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of computerized energy management systems is preferred.
- HVAC (Heating/Ventilation and Air Conditioning) background is an asset.
- Must be a self-starter and motivator.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an eye for detail and a passion for guest service.
- Enthusiastic and dependable.
- Active listening.
- Communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Customer service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good communications skills.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in an luxury hotel
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Quest Search & Selection
Quality Control Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Manager - Engineering