Job description / Role
• Develop, implement and supervise safe, proper and humane programs and protocols for all aspects of the mammal collection including: sanitation, health, nutrition, reproduction, behavior, and behavioral husbandry.
• Develop, implement and supervise protocols for the safe and proper management and maintenance of animal exhibits, holding facilities and associated service areas.
• Assist in developing and supervising maintenance of a records system that documents activities and events within the mammal collection and department. Prepare required reports summarizing activities and events within the mammal collection and department.
• Assist the curator with animal acquisitions and deaccessions, input into the WCS integrated Collection Plan, and participation in AZA animal programs.
• Collaborate with the veterinary staff in the medical care of the mammal collection.
• Collaborate in the production of all identification labels and interpretive graphics associated with animal exhibits.
• Assist in the design and development of new animal exhibits and holding facilities.
• Assist in the recruitment and supervision of the keeper staff, interns and volunteers.
• Coordinate and conduct research, and/or produce both popular and scientific papers concerning the biology and captive management of wild mammals.
• Represent the Department and/or WCS at professional meetings, conferences or in the media as requested by the Curator.
• Assume and perform similar duties at regular and irregular hours as required.
• Perform related tasks and duties as authorized by the Curator.
Attractive Salary Package
Qualifications and Experience:
• Must possess a degree in zoological or biological sciences or the equivalent of five years of managing animals in a zoological park or related institution. Must have a demonstrated interest and expertise in the management of a diverse collection of mammal species
• Demonstrate leadership in all areas of animal management, staff development, and inter-departmental collaboration
• Must have proficiency with computers, animal management programs, and good communications skills
• Must have a valid, current driver’s license
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.