Job description / Role
Assistant Facilities Manager (Remote Site Location)
A global facilities management provider require an experienced Assistant Facilities Manager to join their team in a remote site location based in Abu Dhabi.
• Lead the technical field staff to provide technical support to all areas in order to promote a safe, efficient, reliable, and compliant operations.
• Provide support for operations in all MEP operational areas.
• Work with Technical Services Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify and suggest training needs specific to the maintenance of facilities and equipment.
• Development and execution of optimization ideas, processes, and tools for all maintenance activities including assessing risk and using industry good practice in influencing decisions that can impact overall maintenance, outage and/or operations project cost and schedules.
• Develop positive business relationships with other operations co-workers, other leaders, direct reports, technicians, SME's, etc. that lead to increased safety, reliability, and efficiency for all facilities and equipment.
• Determine optimal maintenance strategy on a real-time basis and cause adjustments to be made as needed to achieve optimum state.
• Understand customer needs and contractual obligations, and ensure those are integrated into the daily operating and maintenance strategy.
• Prepare and administer relevant registers.
• Other reasonable duties as required.
• Assist to respond to reported issues and coordinate efficient and effective responses.
• Prepare incident reports. Participate in Service performance management reviews.
• Required to work hours to meet operational needs.
• Maintenance of effective employer/employee relations
• Ensure the Company’s administration and human resources policies, procedures and programs are communicated and implemented correctly
• Responsible for overseeing staff performance relating to their allocated duties
• Performance issues are promptly identified, investigated and communicated to the Facilities Manager
• Ensure the level of service meets the needs of the client and customers using the facility.
• Liaise with clients concerning extra work, complaints and requests.
OHS and Compliance
• Ensure site OHS and company QA systems are implemented and maintained.
• Conduct weekly inspections of equipment and the facility to ensure high standards of service delivery are achieved maintained. All defects or faults are reported and actioned.
• Regularly inspect work areas to detect hazards, investigate, report and recommend remedial action to reduce/eliminate risk to health and safety.
• Ensure all employees are able to operate equipment safely and in accordance with OHS policy and procedures.
• Ensure chemicals are stored, decanted and used correctly.
• Emergency procedures are correctly followed and are in accordance with client policies.
• Ensure the workplace is safe and free of harassment.
• Actively participate in client and team meetings, provide input into working practices and communicate issues of concern.
• Participate in ongoing training and development for self and the team.
• Participate in team and individual appraisals as required.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Level 5 in IELTS
• Excellent communication skills
• Training in current OHSE and QA and environmental legislations and systems
• IOSH Managing Safety
• Postgraduate qualification
• Contract/General Management training
• First Aid certificate
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in an institutional or corporate environment, with at least two years managing an iconic site, or associated business operations in a large mixed use facility
• Extensive experience with: Power distribution systems, Water cooled chillers. Solar collector installations, BMS system operation and maintenance, Plumbing and Electrical, Auto Cad software, SCADA Systems or similar
• Experience in commissioning, or witnessing of the commissioning process on one or more of the aforementioned systems
• Demonstrable commitment to continued professional development
• Experience in managing direct delivery services
• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing/supervising the delivery of sub-contractors
• Minimum 2 years of experience within a work environment using QA, OH & S and Environmental Management systems
• Minimum 2 years providing high quality written reports and recommendations to clients
• Experience in the delivery of services to meet contractual KPIs
• Good level of knowledge in current computer software with essential knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook or related program
• Experience in the use of CAFM system
• Understanding of current technical legislation in relation to the delivery of Facilities Maintenance Management
• Experience in carrying out performance audits
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.