Assistant Head Teacher - Early Years
Job description / Role
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Head Teacher to lead our motivated team of students and staff in the Early Years Foundation Stage. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the strategic leadership of the EYFS and the teaching group, who play a key role in striving for excellence at all levels. We would be delighted to hear from applicants who are already leading in the EYFS and looking for a leadership role on the Senior Leadership Team.
Ideal candidates will be well qualified with a sound knowledge and understanding of effective teaching and learning within the Early Years setting, in particular with reference to the UK. They should have proven leadership skills and evidence of excellence in all aspects of their work.
The successful candidate will join a strong and dedicated leadership team and help us drive forward expectations through outstanding Early Years practice. The position is non class based, with some teaching, and will concentrate on the leadership and development of the foundation stage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of leadership
- Evidence of continually improving teaching and learning (ideally through experience of coaching staff)
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in the EYFS
Skills and attributes
- Effective team worker and leader.
- High expectations for accountability and consistency.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student.
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- An understanding of a wider school community and the importance of working as a through school.
Teaching and Learning
- Outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Has good communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement.
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world's largest K-12 private school operator.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax free salary, accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.