Job description / Role
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration and management of the Housekeeping operation.
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service through the application of all standards and standard operating policies.
- Conduct regular inspections of guest rooms.
- Responsible to train supervisors and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer.
- Handle guest complaints and follow through on required actions.
- Manages supervisors and ensures productive, proactive work ethic is maintained and illustrated to staff at all times.
- Conducts all VIP room inspections and release the rooms.
- Involvement in special projects associated within the housekeeping scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure lost and found procedures are followed through accurately and consistently.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Engineering and Front Office departments.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are achieved in the department and throughout the hotel.
- Ensure a progressive environment is created and maintained that affords employees the opportunities for job fulfillment within Accor.
- Assist in maximizing hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, labor and other material resources.
- To be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Organizes and ensures accuracy of regular inventories and analysis of losses.
- To assist in scheduling & planning of departmental rosters, departmental orientation colleagues and training schedules.
- Understands and is aware of all fire and safety procedures as well as occupational health and safety.
- To spot-check staff areas for cleanliness.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days of assignment and additional duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) essential.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Hotel Housekeeping department.
- Proven training skills.
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Hotel PMS, Opera desirable.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.