Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To assist in overseeing and directing the day-to-day operations of the Housekeeping Department as well as in the forward planning of the department.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel
- Monitor Housekeeping personnel to ensure guests receive prompt and courteous service and that all guests' profiles are adhered to
- Inform other operating departments of Housekeeping matters, in particular Front Office to ensure accurate room status, as well as Engineering and Laundry
- Schedule routine inspections by supervisors of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms
- Inspect guest rooms and all public areas and restaurants on a regular basis to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good condition
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
- Maintain a steady flow of communication within the Housekeeping Department
- Monitor and ensure consumption of guest supplies is under control
- Assists in monitoring Housekeeping procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and guests
- Coordinate routine cleaning programs including spring cleans, etc.
Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Responsibilities
- Ensure all OH&S legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Must be able to lead and manage a team and have previous experience of doing so
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 years Housekeeping experience preferably in a luxury hotel environment with 2 years at management level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies