Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Assistant Laundry Manager
As an Assistant Laundry Manager, you are overall in charge of the Laundry and Uniforms rooms. You manage the day-to-day operations and the team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overall In-Charge and Oversee the Operation of both Uniform and Laundry Area.
- Responsible for budgeting of uniforms, shoes and linens for Rooms division and other departments.
- Conducts quarterly Inventory - Room linens, F&B, Spa, Gym and Pool Towels.
- Responsible for the monthly reports and cleaning expenses for all departments.
- Checks all statement of accounts from the third party supplier and report any discrepancies.
- Checks all machines and equipment and report any maintenance problem.
- Order all the supplies and chemicals needed in the operation.
- Supports the uniform staff, valet runners and laundry attendants if needed.
- Conducts training to laundry Colleagues in regards with SOP and new Procedures.
- Ensure that all guest laundry is in good quality, neat and well-pressed.
- Responsible for the payroll and overtime sheets that needs to be submitted to the pay master.
- Responsible for the colleagues schedule and vacation. To ensure that both uniform and laundry operation is covered.
- Ensures that all colleagues are able to attend the training that is conducted by the HR department
- Hiring, motivating, evaluating and coaching the colleagues.
- Assist the Housekeeping to order new linens and new items needed in the operation.
- Prepares the costing for new Items such as linens and uniforms.
- Prepares the Budget for Capex.
- To ensure that all embroidery request are done.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Uniform and Laundry operation.
- Minimum of 1 year as an Assistant Manager in a luxury hotel with high volume
- Knowledgeable in Housekeeping operation.
- Knowledgeable in Excel and Microsoft.
- Knowledgeable in Balancing of Accounts.
- Knowledgeable in different types of spotting and laundry chemicals.
- Knowledgeable in FMC, Opera and Micros.
- Knowledgeable in Oasys
- Knowledgeable in Washer, Dryer, Pressing Machines and Dry-Cleaning Machine.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Restaurant Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Manager - Front Office (German / French/ Italian Speaking)
Rocky Real Estate