Job description / Role
• Manage the allocation of suspicious alerts or cases to be reviewed within the team to ensure timely and efficient identification and monitoring of unusual activities and transactions
• Supervise the review process of triggered suspicious activities to ensure compliance with the Bank’s internal policies and procedures.
• The role holder shall support the AML/CFT Investigations team by reviewing those alerts escalated for further review when the volume of alerts is higher than the average or when there are staffing constraints that could limit the team’s capacity
• Day-to-day management of the suspicious activities triggered by the Bank’s transaction monitoring system. The role holder will allocate the alerts to the most suitable Officer and Senior Officers based on the staff workload and the complexity of the case.
• Prepare weekly and monthly Management Information (MI) reports for alerts and cases investigated to ensure timely reporting of volumes and pending cases.
• Provide guidance to the AML/CFT Officers and Senior Officers on their investigations
• Support the AML/CFT team by reviewing suspicious cases when the volume of alerts is higher than the average or when there are staffing constraints that would limit the team’s capacity.
• Supervise the investigation process followed by the Bank to clear or report suspicious activities and determine whether it complies with the Bank’s documented procedures.
• Support the AML/CFT Senior Manager and DMLRO on the ongoing assessment of the Bank’'s AML transaction monitoring system to ensure it is optimized and the volume of false positives is minimized.
• Monitor progress of financial crime mandated customer exits and verify whether the Bank’s internal procedures are being followed.
• Work closely with the business to identify and communicate improvement opportunities in relation to the investigation process in place.
• Develop and keep up to date the Bank’s AML/CFT related training materials.
• Bachelor's Degree as a minimum from a recognized university.
• Well versed with banking systems, concepts and banking best practice
• CAMS or ICA or CFCS or CRCMP or other related certificate is preferred.
• 6+ years of experience in the banking/financial services sector (and three in an AML/CFT Compliance role)
• Good understanding and awareness of financial crime regulatory requirements and international best practice.
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting relevant regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Analytical and attention to detail.
• Problem identification and solving skills.
• Good written and oral communication.
• Management skills: ability to lead a team and manage performance.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|
AML Operation Executive
|Abu Dhabi||11 Mar|
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East
Big Fish Recruitment