Job description / Role
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
- The Assistant Manager - Housekeeper is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the entire housekeeping area, to include public areas and night cleaning.
- This requires a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars and will assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful.
- These responsibilities may also include staff training, development and scheduling.
- The Assistant Manager Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction.
- This position reports directly to the Housekeeping Manager and requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively interact with guests, other departments and team members.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 2-3 years of progressive hotel Rooms leadership experience
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.