Job description / Role
Play Your Part
The Assistant Manager - Bricks Family Restaurant will ensures a smooth service as a hands-on manager. Support the team (Model Citizens) in their duty and act as a role model to achieve operational effectiveness, employee development, guest engagement and cost controls within the assigned cluster.
- Restaurant Operations: Oversees and coordinates the operational effectiveness of all assigned locations.
- Implements and enhances high level of service, quality, guest engagement and sanitation standards within the facility.
- Ensures that all guests are served in an efficient and friendly manner with children as a primary focus. Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate positively to all guests and employees. Communicates operational and financial objectives to team members on a daily basis.
- Training and Development: Responsible for motivating, training, cross-training and developing the employees on and off the job. Provides positive and constructive feedback to all team members to improve performance output with the assistance of the Manager.
- Requires working knowledge of resort food safety, HACCP, cash handling, guest service and general safety policies and procedures and share this knowledge with others daily.
- Management and Financial Support: May assist in the weekly scheduling of all Front of House employees. Monitors labor hours on a shift to shift basis and ensures that payroll reports are accurate. May assist with the daily ordering and receipt of food and supplies.
- Monitors handling of cash and inventory control, referring any issues for investigation to HOD or Duty Manager. Responsible for comparing actual and budgeted figures on a daily basis and acting upon them. Controls ordering, waste and usage of all goods.
- Loss Prevention: Acts as a key contact and training leader in all areas of loss prevention and waste, in accordance with Merlin and resort policies.
- Human Resources: Implements and enforces all company and divisional policies and procedures. Gives assistance to the Manager in the implementation of progressive exemplary and disciplinary action in line with performance and policy regulations. Must be familiar with all HR documents regarding hiring, interviewing, coaching, counseling, internal transferring, promoting, performance evaluating and employee benefits.
- Safety and Sanitation: Ensures that all team members are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements at all times. Oversees that all employees are knowledgeable and follow required company rules and HACCP guidelines. Must have ability to recognize and report any possible safety hazards to the Manager or safety representative.
- Hands on approach and support other F&B operations in the Hotel Resort when required
- Manager on Duty by scheduled rotation
- Managerial experience of Restaurant operation of similar capacity.
- Ability to motivate Team members to perform exceptional
- Ability to conduct meetings, briefings and maintain communication in a positive and motivational manner.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of UAE, related Municipality / Health, Hygiene & Safety rules, HACCP
Health & Safety
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of successful culinary experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/restaurant offering
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide an outstanding dining experience
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)