Job description / Role
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) invites applications from appropriately qualified candidates to fill the following position, which is available for immediate appointment.
Assistant Professor of Psychology:
• Teaches courses in the discipline area.
• Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
• Provides tutoring and academic counseling to students, maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework.
• Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
• PhD in General Psychology from an accredited / recognized Western university.
• Track record of teaching effectiveness and research productivity (or strong potential and promise in these areas for newly earned doctorate).
• Professional experience and practice in the area of specialization.
Other Required Skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Arabic is a plus).
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Collegial; team player.
Please apply online.
About the Company
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) was established in the UAE in 2017 as a private, independent institution of higher learning, located at Dubai Investments House, Dubai Investments Park (DIP). Licensed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the United Arab Emirates, UOBD opened its doors in September 2018. The academic programs offered by UOBD in the different disciplines are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the MOE; new programs are under review for Initial Accreditation by the CAA. UOBD enjoys the support of Dubai Investments PJSC and builds on the long-standing reputation and legacy of the University of Balamand in Lebanon (UOB). UOBD operates as an independent institution in the UAE under an exclusive license from UOB to use the name and intellectual property of UOB. UOBD follows the North American model in the design of its programs and curricula and in its organizational setup. UOBD’s educational philosophy is based on the liberal education model, which aims to provide students with a transformative, holistic learning experience that enables them to achieve professional success, realize their personal aspirations and contribute to the advancement of society and humankind.
Associate Professor in Cognitive Sciences Department
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||2 May|
Dean - School of Education
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Banke International Properties